Thursday, August 5, 2021

How Do I Play This Game?

 

This picture shows a hand made game of some sort that I found in a house in Vining in a cupboard high above the kitchen counter. Chances are one of my ancestors made this! When I pulled it out I found a quarter inch of dust on it. I took a damp cloth, removed all the pegs, dusted both sides, and put the pegs back in. This has to be a game of some sort. But how do I play it? The pegs were old and brittle but I got them all back in. My first thought was the game reminded me of Chinese checkers. But Chinese checkers involves moving various colors from one side to the other and this game has no colors. Maybe this is a 3D version of the game dots and boxes? But how would you keep track of how many boxes you closed? I don't know the answer yet but I am determined to solve this mystery game. If you have any thoughts on the matter, please comment on this post. I will reward you if you come up with a plausible solution.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...