Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Sail Boats Race

Wednesday nights are for sail boat races in Duluth. The Yacht Club sponsors the races. Today was breezy so I thought I should go and take a look/see.

I packed a supper, a napkin, my binoculars and my water bottle and I parked my car at the Rose Garden.

I walked along the Lake Front careful to stay to the right because those bicycles, skate boarders, joggers, and electric scooters will run you down if you are not careful.

I like to be warned by someone saying, "On your left." Maybe I should put a rearview mirror on my sun hat.

The smoke from the fires in the boreal forest isn't as bad tonight as yesterday.

I'm sitting on a hard rock half hoping a big wave will come and splash me.

Petite black flies biting my ankles are my only annoyance.

Whoa! I almost got splashed!

Watching the waves roll in is relaxing for me.

Maybe I should go to the Yacht Club and make some friends or take some lessons.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...