Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Returning My Prince Back To Where He Came From

 Today I fondly returned my Prince. I stroked his face in my car before I took him back to the library where he was due in two days. Following the library rules is not like my Prince at all but I am a rule follower (ish). Is followerish a word? Prince would never ask a question like that. Prince was proud of not following rules. He loved to be unpredictable. Once, at an airport, on his way to a gig, he and his band mates pretended to be old and abandoned by sitting in wheelchairs at abandoned airport gates and drooling. Mimicking the elderly is a rude, crude humor but I think it's hilarious too. I wouldn't do it but I would laugh. This coffee table book was a joy to read. A word of warning though, don't bring it to a place where you might be judged. Bringing it to a community center on the day of a primary election was not the wisest decision on my part. Every time a voter came in I would remind myself to mask up and put the dirty book away. Jason Draper wrote Prince: Life &amp Times Large Coffee Table Book and he wrote it well. Prince was a genius. He died too soon and I feel sad about it.

Symbolina sitting on my lap. Farewell my Prince!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...