Monday, August 9, 2021

Where Is The Beef?

Here is the beef walking up to the water tank with her baby beef at her side. Such a good Momma beef. I am not a beefeater. I am not a ceremonial guard at the Tower of London. I don't even drink Beefeater Gin. But I do appreciate the beef cattle visually. Oddly enough, I even enjoy the smell of beef cattle once in a while. If I see a cow while I am driving on a road, I automatically say, "Cow," even if I am alone in the car.

Little black bull and big black bull.

Why so curious? You saw me yesterday.

Drought is affecting these cattle. Grass is hard to come by. These cattle have the luxury of roaming not one farm, not two farms, but three farms to find enough to eat. I hope for an inch of slow rain once a week for the next eight weeks so these cattle won't suffer anymore than they already have.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...