I borrowed Midwest Foraging: 115 Wild And Flavorful Edibles From Burdock To Wild Peach by Lisa M. Rose. I borrowed this book on my Libby app and I got the book right away which was handy. I had just gotten some Chaga and I needed to know what to do with this black, warty looking, wooden hunk of fungus. Lisa said I could rub it on a wood rasp. She said don't put it in a blender or a grinder cuz you will ruin the blades right quick. I looked up what a wood rasp was and it turns out it is a file. I had three metal files on hand because I bought them for a forging class years ago when I forged a knife. So after cleaning the wood rasp, I rubbed my Chaga on it and black specks of fungus landed on my cutting board. I scooped them up and added them to my ground coffee beans and put them in the percolator. I perked the coffee/Chaga for 7 minutes like usual. So, you are wondering, was the coffee/Chaga good? To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. I have to admit that when the first swallow of coffee/Chaga hit my throat I had a coughing spell that made me glad I was home alone instead of in public. But that coughing spell might have been a 'coinkidink.' All the rest of the coffee/Chaga was good. Unfortunately, after drinking Chaga for a week now, I realize that this is no quick "fountain of youth" concoction. I am going to have to drink it longer which is alright because I have a big chunk. I liked this book but I prefer to borrow it rather than buy it. Sorry about that Lisa. I now regret giving away my copy of Euell Gibbon's, Stalking The Wild Asparagus. I wish I had kept that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...

No comments:
Post a Comment