Sunday, August 8, 2021

Eiger Dreams

 Jon Krakauer wrote Into The Wild and Missoula, both of which I liked very much. This time I read Eiger Dreams. This adventure tale is actually a series of articles he had written about his climbing adventures put together as a book. He writes about climbing Eiger, K2, Denali and other difficult peaks. He also writes about other climbers. There are some crazy people out there who would rather risk their lives climbing sheer rock cliffs or crumbling glacier ice than taking a long stroll down a flat path. I like adventure too but I am not willing to take the risks that these climbers take. Some of these climbers were stuck in a blizzard in a smelly cave and running out of food and water. That does not sound like fun to me. I am willing to sleep in a tent but I am not willing to be in a tent when it's snowing. No way, Jose. I did enjoy reading the book though while shaking my head at the crazy climbers.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...