Monday, July 9, 2007

Blue Bird


Bluebirds bring me happiness. I have 3 bluebird houses on my property. There are bluebirds in one of the houses. Wrens took up occupancy in the other two. Bluebirds nest in my bluebird house in my most eastern location. Sometimes they come on my deck and take a bath in my birdbath. I've tried feeding them mealworms on the deck. I attached a small pie plate to the deck with a nail. The mealworms crawl around in the plate for a while before they get cooked in the sun. They dry up and blow away. I don't think any bluebirds have eaten the mealworms yet but I'll keep trying until I run out of mealworms. Have you seen the picture of the angry bluebird? That picture cracks me up because it obviously has an angry expression yet bluebirds typically make me think of happiness. I think a picture of a smiling badger would entertain me too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...