Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Try Not to Eat Like a Bat


Last night I was walking the dog around the block at dusk because it was too hot earlier. We rounded the corner and a bat flew between me and the dog. Before I could scream the bat was halfway down the block and by then it was too late to scream so I didn't. I could see it clearly against the sky and it flew down the block and back up again never veering from the road. That bat was eating above the road. I thought it was strange that the bat was eating on the road. I realized that on busy days, days where we're driving between violin lessons and school events or doctor appointments and book club meetings, I eat on the road too. We go through the drive through and eat while traveling. I've heard that isn't good for the digestion. One should really sit down at a table and eat like a civilized human being. I imagine it's safer too. So from now on, I will try not to eat like a bat and eat at a table instead.
Here's an interesting link - try it. It has nothing to do with bats.

Japanese One-Click Award <http://www.1-click.jp/>!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...