Saturday, July 28, 2007

I got carded!

I know what you are thinking - I am too old to be carded. Yet I do not lie. I got carded at Home Depot. I was out shopping for spray paint (color? Yep, orange). I used the self serve check out. I scanned my can of orange spray paint and the screen told me to wait for a teller. The teller approached and said, "May I see your drivers license?" She smiled and was polite but I felt affronted. Do you have to be able to drive to paint? If so, I can think of a few other activities that would require a drivers license. Anyway, I said, "Seriously?" She smiled again and said some kids like to buy paint and get in trouble. So she looked at me license, pressed some numbers on my screen and I was on my way. I assumed she meant the kids would huff the spray paint but after thinking about it, Home Depot might also be concerned that kids would use the paint for graffitti.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...