Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sky Writers



I miss sky writers. Why don't we have sky writers anymore? I remember as a child looking up at the sky as a sky writer spelled out a message. I would sit on the grass and watch as each letter was formed. Watching skywriters work was fascinating. I would say each letter aloud and try to guess at the message. I would try to guess at the next letter. I don't recall any of the messages I read. Today would be a great sky writing day because the sky is clear and blue and there is little wind. I am going to have to research why the practice of skywriting was abandoned. I would much rather see a sky written message than a billboard anyday. In fact, I am nearly positive that if I saw a product advertised in the sky by a skywriter, I would buy that product if I could afford it. I am taken in by some clever advertising. I once bought dog food because the bag read, "More Bark For Your Buck."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...