Friday, July 20, 2007

That Magic Hour


The night before last I had the chance to go canoeing. I can't paddle but others offered to take me out while I sat in the middle like a princess. I had a love ride in the canoe. I like being treated like a princess. We went into the shallows to pick cattails. And we were out during that magic hour. Do you know the magic hour? The magic hour is that time when the sun is setting and the lake is perfectly still. The magic hour is dusk but you have to be out on a lake to really experience the magic. The loons were talking to each other. We (another specie of loon) were singing "Repeat After Me" songs at the top of our lungs. I love being out on a lake during the magic hour. You should try it too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...