Saturday, January 7, 2023

57

 

I left Dallas around 9 a.m. Enroute to San Leon I counted 57 vultures! I saw a group of about 30 roseate spoonbills as I drove along the bay in Galveston, so pretty. I saw 5 herons, lots of gulls and many raptors. I saw a boat tailed grackle in the parking lot at the Dollar Store plus some small sparrows. Some times the speed limit was 80 mph. I drive 82 and these Texans are speeding by me left and right. I even got passed by trucks carrying fuel and one carrying a "Wide-Load." I ran into a few rude ones who would not let me merge but most were nicer. I saw several people who were stopped by the police so I know they enforce traffic laws here. Look at these cute bunk bets in this place. Do you think I should buy these? I see they are $500-$600 so maybe not. Very comfy though.

Here is my view from my deck. I sat on the deck eating left over fried rice. I watched the ducks come out of the pond and come right up to the deck. Some were mallards and some looked like domestic ducks. I can hear a rooster crowing in the distance. A teenager was playing with his dog who was not listening to him. A pair of grandparents were walking over the bridge with their grandchildren. I unpacked my car and would prefer not to drive at all tomorrow but I might have to if my coffee creamer spoils. The lady who owns it left the air conditioners on at 69 degrees and most of the lights on. I am sitting on a leather couch just like the one I want to buy except it doesn't have nail head trim. The place is very clean with black marble counter tops, black stove, and black fridge. There is no tub but there is a nice shower with glass doors. The floors are gray planks, the walls are white and the kitchen cabinets are gray. On the wall in the living room is a painting of a pelican with turquoise water in the background. Across from that is a 5 panel painting of a turquoise rose. The bedroom has a blue quilt on the bed. The windows have wide slat white Venetian blinds. The front door has 9 frosted windows. Actually, I might buy a place like this some day. The RV park has a lot of rules. They do background checks. Absolutely no sex offenders are allowed. Two vehicles per unit must be in working owner. No vehicles can be washed on site (although I saw a guy doing that). Fishing and crabbing are welcome. No cast nets or crab traps allowed. No swimming in lake. No boats, rafts or canoes. Absolutely no children on the bridge or near pond without parent/adult supervision. No pets in lake. Spaces must be kept clean and neat. All trash must go into the dumpster. No large boxes outside allowed outside of the units. Small refrigerators, freezers or other appliances are allowed outside of unit at an addition fee of $20/month per appliance. No smoking in or within 30 feet of office, bathrooms, or laundry rooms. No consumption of alcoholic beverages is any common area. Quiet time is from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. All children should be inside at this time. No loud music will be tolerated. Please respect your neighbors. We do not tolerate drunken parties, fighting, drug use or any illegal activity. No second chances. One offense and you will be asked to leave immediately. Absolutely no late wandering around the park. If police are called to your space for any kind of disturbance you will automatically be asked to leave. The list goes on but I think you get the picture.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...