Monday, January 2, 2023

Where Does The Time Go?



 My plan was to walk a half mile to the post office box to mail two greeting cards. But it was nice out so I kept going south west until the street ends. Then I headed uphill past houses I have never walked by before. I like looking at people's houses. I saw five crows in the tree above a dead squirrel on the sidewalk. Many black capped chickadees came very close to me. Rock doves ate seed at a feeder. I kept going uphill until I got to Skyline Drive. I made it across a busy intersection. I enjoyed the views from Skyline Drive and instead of going home I stopped by the Chester Creek Bowl to see if anyone was skiing. I figured it might be busy because the kids are out of school and this is a government holiday. Boy howdy, it WAS busy. I watched the kids and adults wait in line for the ski lift, go up the ski lift, and come barreling down the hill on skis and snowboards. Little children as young as four years old were doing it. Everybody seemed to be having a good time. I watched them for 15 or so minutes before moving on. As I walked by the purple port a potty I was sure glad I didn't need to use it. I still didn't go home. I walked down the other side of Chester Creek looking down the ravine and once in a while glancing at the beautiful homes that line this side of the creek. And then I thought I saw the Lock Ness Monster. How did this family make this monster out of ice? The family that lives in this house must be very creative and talented. I would like to meet them one day. By the time I got home I realized I had been out of my house for two and a half hours. Where does the time go?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...