Saturday, January 21, 2023

Singing In The Rain

I assembled my kite that I bought yesterday. My friend from work wants me to video the kite as I fly it. I replied: I will try but no guarantees.

After all the driving I did yesterday I decided not to drive at all today. I walked to Bayfront Beach Park in the rain wearing my rain suit, wool socks and sandals. I walked between 3.5 and 4 miles. The wind was coming off Galveston Bay so on the way there the rain hit me in the face which was unpleasant. I stood under a picnic shelter to take these shots. I got pretty excited on the way there because I thought I saw a dead armadillo on the road but it was only a possum. There is a farm near here that has peacocks. That is cool. My "wasbund's" Uncle had a peacock and it sounded like a small child crying sometimes.

I almost always enjoy a trip that is easier going back. Walking, kayaking, swimming, canoeing, biking, motorcycling and driving are almost all better if the return trip is easier. Returning home after an adventure is not always better if I wanted to keep that adventure going, know what I mean?

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...