Friday, January 20, 2023

League City Revisited

Yesterday I returned to the library in League City. The library is named after a woman named Helen. This lovely park is named Helen's park. I ate my lunch in the shade on a bench while a man removed all the foliage from this lovely fountain.

I took a walk on a side street because I saw a sign for a one room school house museum. Unfortunately the museum is only open when tours are requested. I walked to the end of the road and through an old cemetery. Then I thought I would walk to another park 20 minutes away and let Google guide me. Google guided me on a non existant road over the RR tracks so I had to trespass. Then Google guided me down a highway which was no fun but there was a bike path. Then Google says I have arrived. I look up to see the park on the far side of a divided four lane highway going 50 mph. So I walked back and found this park. Here is a statue of Mr. League. The town is named after him. The plaque reads he was jovial and affable.

I went looking for postcards in four shops with no luck so I drove to this park which was ten minutes away. This is the largest oak in League City. The sun is behind me. The sun had 2 sun dogs last night.

A delicate pink flower in Helen's garden.

This unusual palm tree was on the grounds of Moody Gardens. I didn't know palms could sprout a baby from the bottom like that.


 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...