Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Adam's Fault

 

The only reason I left today instead of yesterday was because Adam, the weather guy, told me that Wednesday would be a better day to travel than Tuesday. He said that Monday night. On Tuesday night he says the complete opposite. Here is my car in Des Moines, the capital city in Iowa. By the way the state capitol building has a very appealing gold roof on top. There is hardly any snow here!

This is my car at 9 a.m. in front of my apartment. Geez Louise, today was a terrible day to travel! I saw so many cars, van, trucks, and semi-trailers in the ditch. Am I a bad person when I see a car that sped past me in the ditch down the road and smile a little? I didn't expect a trip from Duluth to Des Moines to take 7.5 hours but I am glad I didn't book a hotel farther out! Along the way I saw a bald eagle feasting on a deer carcass along the highway, Canadian geese, crows, ravens and one ring necked pheasant walking in a corn field.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...