Saturday, January 21, 2023

Nothing To See Here

Last night I finished a very funny book and a perfect book to listen to while driving. The plot isn't too complicated and I was laughing out loud every five minutes. There is a bit too much foul language for my taste though but I think those same words in my head. I just try not to say them out loud. I was surprised the Kevin Wilson was a man because I thought for sure a woman wrote Nothing To See Here. Lillian and Madison were roommates at a boarding school and they instantly became best friends. Lillian narrates the story. Lillian was poor and a scholarship student. Madison was filthy rich. Both came from dysfunctional families. At age 25 Madison wants to hire Lillian as a governess for her two step children. Lillian basically does anything for Madison and has been this way ever since they met. Lillian openly admits to loving Madison but Madison won't say it back. The two step children have an unusual malady called spontaneous human combustion. Only they don't get burned. They can burn the whole house down. They can burn their clothes off. But they don't get hurt. I thought spontaneous human combustion was fictional but some people believe it's real. So I don't know. As I type this I  hear the narrator's voice in my head so that means this is a terrific novel. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...