Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Why Do Texans Close The Courthouse On A Nice Day?


I knew it was going to rain today but I thought that was cool because it was laundry day. The Wi-Fi went out. After lunch I drove to the closest library. I saw a sign on the courthouse saying all jurors were excused today because of the weather. What weather? It was 79 degrees out. The library was closed too. The post office was open and I dropped off a letter. The Dollar Store was right there so I bought some stuff like pickles and a Bart Simpson shirt for Offspring #1 (Shhh!) I decided to get free Wi-Fi at a Starbucks since I had a gift card. When I get there I found out the coffee shop was in a Kroger's grocery and had no place to sit. I see a McDonald's across the street. I start driving there when I see the road is completely flooded. Water from the road went up over the hood of a sedan. So glad I saw that. My Honda Fit would drown. I parked. I took out an Armor All sponge and cleaned the inside of my car. A young girl asked me if I needed help. I said I was just cleaning my car. I wanted exercise. I found out we were in a tornado warning. I figured Kroger's would be safe during a tornado so I walked all the aisles. I spent 5 minutes talking to the Frito guy and we compared benefits between Texas and Minnesota. The benefits were similar. When I saw that the water level had gone down, I drove my car across the street and parked in the McDonald's parking lot which is where I am now. Black vultures are flying over head. The sun is out. The temperature dropped from 79 to 58. I suppose I should head on back to see if my tiny home is still there.


 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...