Saturday, January 14, 2023

Pictures From Texas City Museum

I am at the very nice public library in League City where I have the Wi-Fi capability I enjoy. This is a great library and is even open on Sundays! Here is a picture from the Texas City Museum in the children's area. In front of you is a metal dinosaur. Below in the blue box are metal dinosaur bones with magnets attached and charcoal. I picked up one of the ribs and attached it but it kept curing up instead of down. Finally I figured out to walk around the dinosaur and put it on the other side.

This is a picture of the miniature train set. I pushed a button and watched a train go around the track. I wished I had visited on Saturday instead because that is the day the miniature train store is open. I saw a guy in there working but the door was locked.

This is a model of Charles Brown (1922-1999) a famous blues and jazz musician. I cannot explain why the model of him has fair skin when he was a person of color.

Another founder of Texas City.

This picture is of a Civil War era cannon and it was pretty cool!






If I remember correctly, this is a battle ship from before the Civil War.














 

Here are test tubes showing the viscosity of various petrochemicals. I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...