Sunday, January 8, 2023

Rainy Night



Last night rain fell and continued to fall until 10 a.m. I spent the morning cleaning and organizing the inside of my car. All the winter clothing went into one bag. The snow brush went in the back because I won't need that for a while. I would like to get a car wash. After lunch I drove to a bay front park about 2 miles from this place. I saw pelicans, a palm tree loaded with great-tailed grackles, herring gulls, laughing gulls, ring necked gulls and four feral cats. Someone left open tins of cat food out for them. I do not like feral cats. One family was having fun fishing for crabs and fish. Where a stream fed into the gulf they fished from a concrete pier while the other family members stood in the shallows of the stream with the net. The high today was 71 degrees with a light breeze. Wearing sandals and shorts feels great.

 
These are some of the ducks in front of my place. I took their picture from the bridge. After the park I stopped for gasoline. Then I stopped at a Mexican market for some vegies and dairy products. I think I was the only one speaking English in there.

After I put my groceries away I went for an  hour long walk around the neighborhood. One farmer has chickens. I heard yellow rumped warblers and a Northern mockingbird. I thought I heard a chorus frog. After all the rain last night there is water beneath my house (see turquoise house in picture) and in all the ditches. I stood off the road staring into the ditch looking for the frog but I could not see it. I guess it could be a bug that sounds like a frog. I should really check to see if there are venomous snakes to worry about around here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...