Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Pictures from Bollivar Flats Yesterday

I am at the Dickenson Public Library which has excellent Wi-Fi. This is the one I thought was a dowitcher but might be a curlew.

Reddish heron

Watched two reddish herons eating in this pond next to the bay. I watched them for a good 20 minutes.

All the shore birds on the shore of Galveston Bay with a large ship in the background.

One sanderling with two birds who must be in the same family as Kill deer.

This shore bird is shore enough cute!

Looks like a Great Egret but blue herons go through a white phase before they turn blue so who really knows?


 

Dead alligator lying on it's back. Glad I wore boots today.












No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...