Friday, January 20, 2023

Froberg Farms

Today the temperature was in the fifties and rain was sprinkling. I was going to a birding area near Galveston but I didn't think today was the best day to go. I have been looking for a kite at 7 different stores and had yet to find one. I looked on FB Marketplace and found one for only ten dollars. I made arrangements to meet Clint at 1 p.m. at an industrial complex in Dickenson. He never showed up. I talked to another helpful man for about a half hour. He suggested I visit Froberg Farms so that is where I went.

They process deer here and sell meat from the farm.

The farm isn't open for tours right now. I went inside and bought peppers, onions, potatoes, pecans, black beans, chia seeds, tomatoes, mushrooms and trail mix.

In this field the tractors were moving. That field in the distance is broccoli but two rows next to the fence were flowers. This was a really fun farm to visit! Then I drove to Houston and bought a kite. 

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...