Thursday, January 19, 2023

Pictures From Moody Gardens

Here's looking at you, kid! I forgot what kind of penguin this is.

This is from a huge, 4 story round aquarium that I walked around 8 times on the various levels.

Great White Shark, a powerful apex predator, is designed to survive. Do the other fish seem nervous?

This reminds me of snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands and on the Great Barrier Reef near Cairns, Australia. 

Keep on swimming!

Sea anemone? It is attached to the glass wall of the aquarium.

California Harbor Seal

These manta rays splashed me! I guess they settled down after they were fed.

Fish are beautiful!

That is a nurse shark down there. I watched the nurse shark breathe in and out for several minutes.

I took many pictures of this sea horse before I got a good one. I appreciate the male sea horses doing most of the work of parenting. My friend went on a pelagic scuba dive at night. She went about 50 feet down and turned on her flashlight. She saw several sea horses which would be cool but I can't scuba dive for medical reasons. I can't find the picture I took of the frog from Lake Titicaca, dang.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...