Monday, January 9, 2023

Johnson Space Center

I was up early today so I had no problem getting to the Johnson Space Center on time. This was only a 22 minute trip from my place. That gave me time to add air to my tires and wash the salt and dirt from Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas off my car. This is the actual mission control room for the Apollo missions. I read ahead about how to visit this place. Take the tram car tour first so that is what I did. I took the blue tram tour and the white tram tour. Then I visited the inside of the building until just a few minutes before closing time at 5 p.m.

A space suit like Sally Ride wore.

I got to walk through these aircraft.



This is the VIP visitor room where the families of the astronauts sat during the mission. Do you think John Glenn's wife sat in the same seat that I am in?

This was a fun building to walk through.

This is a prototype of a female robot. She has very talented use of her hands. She walks like an arthritic senior citizen because her battery back pack is too heavy. She falls over trying to step up 2 inches.

This is rocket park.

Big engines on this thing!

The property is a nature preserve for deer, alligators, birds, and Texas longhorn cattle. I wonder how it feels to carry such large horns around. I get a headache just looking at these cattle.

I had a great day today!

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...