Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Hot Spot

Today I drove east across northern New York.

I arrived at my destination at 2:30. My host immigrated from Hungary. He is starting a Hungarian museum that will open soon.

I asked him what Suchy meant in his language. He responded, "Soaked." He suggested I hike by this railroad depot that has a scale a lot like the one I saw on a farm in Vining!

Soaked is appropriate because it rained so hard yesterday there were flash floods where I stayed last night in Mark Twain country.

I was lucky I didn't get in a flood.

I crossed the Susquehanna River about a dozen times today. Farms were flooded. Picnic areas were flooded up to the top of the picnic table!

My walls in my room look like chocolate. Also I found the cure to a sore spot on my shoulder blade today. I got a hot spot just like my dog, Ruby, used to get. I bought this in Tannersville and this was a lot less expensive than the human cures. The pharmacist said this would be better for me anyway.

Look at the muddy river flow.
The Catskill Mountains are gorgeous but I got mud in my new shoes.


 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...