Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Hot Spot

Today I drove east across northern New York.

I arrived at my destination at 2:30. My host immigrated from Hungary. He is starting a Hungarian museum that will open soon.

I asked him what Suchy meant in his language. He responded, "Soaked." He suggested I hike by this railroad depot that has a scale a lot like the one I saw on a farm in Vining!

Soaked is appropriate because it rained so hard yesterday there were flash floods where I stayed last night in Mark Twain country.

I was lucky I didn't get in a flood.

I crossed the Susquehanna River about a dozen times today. Farms were flooded. Picnic areas were flooded up to the top of the picnic table!

My walls in my room look like chocolate. Also I found the cure to a sore spot on my shoulder blade today. I got a hot spot just like my dog, Ruby, used to get. I bought this in Tannersville and this was a lot less expensive than the human cures. The pharmacist said this would be better for me anyway.

Look at the muddy river flow.
The Catskill Mountains are gorgeous but I got mud in my new shoes.


 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...