Tuesday, October 5, 2021

My Tackle Box

When I was a kid my father would bring stuff home from work. Some stuff I did not like. Brut soap on a rope is one example of stuff I did not like. What girl wants to smell like Brut? Brut is a rude name; like Brutus, the bully on the Popeye cartoon. But once he brought home a treasure. He brought home a nail polish display of 30 to 50 colors of nail polish. There was black and red and gold and silver and bronze and orange and pinks bottles of nail polish. The display was on a plastic stand with two tiers to hold the bottles. I painted my fingernails. I painted my toenails. I painted my tackle box! And look what a cute face I put inside the tackle box. There is a girl with screw eyes and a flip hair do like Marlo Thomas on "That Girl." I had better take those lead sinkers to the hazardous waste drop off site. I want to be part of the solution; not part of the problem.

Check out the fish on the bottom! I must have been such a cute child.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...