Friday, October 22, 2021

Bill And Ida

Today my plan was to go directly to Pennsylvania. Instead I went to Canton, Ohio to see the tomb of William McKinley. I climbed all these steps. See my yellow car in the parking lot to the left. I tried to hum the theme song to Rocky Balboa but the Star Wars song was stuck in my head.

Here lies Bill, Ida, and their daughters. Burying him on a hill makes sense because before and after Denali was Denali, Denali was Mount McKinley. Teddy Roosevelt was his vice president.

Bill was killed on the job. Poor Bill and poor Ida and their two daughters. Why do humans murder? I don't understand. The McKinley's have a nice roof on their tomb on a hill. Ohio has a lot of hills.

I had a friend who wanted to visit all the presidential libraries. I thought that was a good idea. This was my first one. I spent about an hour here. I thought a shave and a haircut was two bits.

Ida was a tiny person, shorter than me and so skinny! She had a waist so tiny in her very beautiful gowns. I saw Bill's nightshirt that had the back ripped open wide from a medical person trying to save his life. I learned quite a bit in that hour in Canton. Getting lost can be educational.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...