Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Cheeky Rodent


 Yesterday I got a flu vaccine and a shingles vaccine. So it was with two sore shoulders that I drove down to the Rose Garden and walked around Duluth trying not to use my arms very much. This cheeky rodent wanted my food, the furry beggar! Would a squirrel eat a slice of daikon radish with spinach and artichoke hummus? I do not know because I didn't give it any food. This dude came so close I thought it would crawl up my leg and steal my food. I put my food away meaning I swallowed it. Then I wanted a picture. The squirrel wouldn't look at me. I rattled the plastic bag that held my chili spiced mango slices. I told the rodent to say "Cheese." I left the squirrel and the brown creeper bird circling up a crabapple tree and went inside. After donning my mask I explored every stairway and hallway of Fitger's Brewery building for the first time. I bought a book at the independent book store. I listened to the author of the book talk to us. He signed my copy of the book. We moved out of the North Star theater into the North Star dining room for a writing lesson. Spending a few evening hours with other writers in the area was a wonderful experience. I have a writing assignment now and I might share it on the blog because the author said it was the most creative idea for a story he had ever heard. Win!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...