Thursday, October 21, 2021

I've Got An Old Mule And Her Name Was Sal

Today was a relaxing day in Ohio. Offspring #2 used to call it Iaho and sometimes I get confused and say Iaho too which is even funnier now that I see it has a double meaning. The park ranger said Beaver Pond was her favorite spot to view wildlife.

I had no idea I was near the Erie Canal! Remember singing that song in elementary school?

I walked to the post office because it was less than a mile away. These people really like Halloween!

This one scared me and I am an adult. Nasty!

I missed the last train by a mere 30 seconds. A train ride would have been fun on a rainy day like today.

I was talking on the phone to a friend of mine while walking past this field. Turns out this is a field of parsnips. I picked one up that had been dug up already. I washed it off and took it home. Raw parsnip tastes like a Daikon radish. Before I left a park ranger parked right behind my car blocking me in. I thought I was in trouble for stealing a parsnip. He got out of the truck and picked up a six foot tree limb. He walked to the driver side of my car. I was sweating bullets watching him. He threw the stick into the woods and drove away. Whew! And then I went to the farm nearby and bought black bean salsa, blue corn chips, popcorn and one caramel.

Another park ranger said this was his favorite spot. He wants to visit Duluth some day. A covered bridge is nice during a rainstorm.

Later I ate spanakopita at a café. Tornado warnings came over the television. My chef told me not to worry. We were in a valley. I am super glad I wasn't driving on the Ohio turnpike during a tornado!

Whether you focus on the things that are near . . .

Or the things that are far, Ohio is a pleasant place.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...