Wednesday, October 27, 2021

But Why?

This morning I drove for two hours before stopping for coffee. I got off the interstate and pulled in to a MacDonald's to buy a cup of joe. My total was 1.47. I felt like I should not use my card for such a small amount. I wasn't hungry. I remembered to pay it forward. I told the young man I wanted to pay for my coffee and for the bill of the person behind me.

He said, "There is no one behind you?"

I laughed so hard. He didn't think it was funny. But it is funny! What are the chances that no one would be behind me at a MacDonald's drive-through, just off the interstate, at 11:30 a.m.! 

This is a photo from a small town in New York that I drove through today. The town's name started with But. I can't remember the name. Was it Buthill? Butfield? Buttown? But why? There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. If the town name starts with but, you bet I will take a picture!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...