Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Street Name In Kalamazoo

 As I have been driving north and south between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, I noticed something about the street names for the exits on Highway 94. First there was Dickman Street. Next was Lover's Lane. After that came Romance. Each time I drove by these exits the names got funnier and funnier to me. By the last time I drove by in the middle of the night or early the next morning depending on the time change I was roaring with laughter. I get the giggles when I am anxious. Street names are important to me. I really don't like numbered streets or lettered streets. Fifth avenue is fine but once you get to 116th or 164th the name of the street just doesn't appeal to me. In fact, I refuse to live on a numbered street anymore unless the number is under 6. County Road E is fine but when I was returning from Necedah to Humbird, Wisconsin I had to take County Road HH and County Road O which I remembered by thinking of HOH (water). Just think how grand it would be when someone asked for your address and you replied, "Oh, I live on Lover's Lane." 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...