Friday, October 15, 2021

Savannah

Today I had an errand in Pierz to get my third Pfizer jab so I stopped to enjoy the oak savannah at Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge drive. Blue jays and sand hill cranes were talking.

I used to say the oak forest was my favorite but I also like a boreal forest and an eucalyptus forest. I guess any forest I am in is my favorite unless it is a forest of invasive buckthorn. Look at the burn mark on this oak. Some may call the burn mark a scar or a blemish. I think the burn mark is a good thing because this oak savannah is being managed correctly with fire.

I guessed I saw 4 trumpeter swans but I was wrong. From the left you see a trumpeter swan, a pelican, another pelican and another pelican.

The Canadian geese are probably discussing border restrictions but what are the pelicans debating? Travel plans?

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...