Saturday, October 16, 2021

A Very Good Place to Live And Play

Day 3 of my road trip I finally made it out of Minnesota and into Wisconsin.

I am staying at the Hotel bar and restaurant in Humbird.

The hotel isn't busy but the bar is full of hunters. The hotel greeter's name was Susan. The bar keep's name was Susan. The first guest I met was named Susan. She said "I never met a Susan I didn't like." The hotel was built in 1817. My room has a tin ceiling, one dark gray brick wall, a bed with metal headboard and footboard, pink walls, pink shag rug, pink sheets, a picture of ballerinas, a chandelier with prisms and a bed lamp with prisms. The manly picture above is in the shared bath down the hall. This place is supposedly haunted but I don't believe in ghosts. If I had mentioned I was a vegetarian they would have had something for me other than cheese curds with jalapeno jelly. My dinner was tasty but heavy in dairy but that makes sense because Wisconsin is the dairy state.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...